[rds-devel] git tree for mainline is *almost* ready

Andy Grover andy.grover at oracle.com
Wed Sep 8 19:20:31 PDT 2010

Hi everybody,

I've pushed an updated branch to

git://oss.oracle.com/git/agrover/linux-2.6.git for-davem

Please give it a look -- this is what I'm planning on submitting to
DaveM's net-next branch very soon, like tomorrow!

Zach, you mentioned privately a previous version didn't always build
when bisected. Fixed. Also, you didn't like using a union for the
different atomic op subtypes because future op types could cause ABI
breakage. I tried this but it made rds_cmsg_atomic() really ugly
(basically the whole bottom of the function gets copied 4 times, once
for each op type in the switch, since each struct xx_args is unrelated
to the others).  I think the likelihood of new atomic args in the future
is very small -- and if they show up, let's worry about it then, ok? :-)

Regards -- Andy