[rds-devel] [git pull] quick fixes

Zach Brown zach.brown at oracle.com
Thu Jul 15 15:27:12 PDT 2010

> Looks pretty good to me. How about a comment somewhere about the whole
> signaled/unsignaled issue?

A fine idea!  I expanded the comment above the wait_event() in the shutdown path.

> Putting the "if (nr_sig) add_" bit in a
> rds_ib_add_signaled function to match _sub_ could also be nice.

Hmm, I guess.  I think the current behaviour matches the nature of the fast paths, so I left it as is.  I added a comment above _sub_ explaining some of that.

I also fixed the brown-paper-bag BUG_ON() type-o that Chris spotted.

> Merged the __init cset, pushed up to devel.

Awesome, thanks.

So here's a pull request for the fixed up posted send tracking patch, as well as two other littler fixes.  I think they're uncontroversial.

I delayed sending this pull request because I wanted to batch these fixes with upcoming fixes to more races, but they're proving rather stubborn.  So I won't sit on these fixes any more :).

The following changes since commit 74ffc1e92e5cfbac8dc7c388cfc81b9061d78606:
  Zach Brown (1):
        RDS: remove __init and __exit annotation

are available in the git repository at:

  git://oss.oracle.com/git/zab/ofed-1.5-linux-2.6.git devel-fixes-jul-15-2010

Zach Brown (3):
      RDS/IB: track signaled sends
      RDS/IB: print IB event strings as well as their number
      RDS/IB: protect the list of IB devices

 net/rds/ib.h      |    2 +
 net/rds/ib_rdma.c |    8 ++++--

- z