[rds-devel] RDS Doubt!

Varun Chandramohan varunc at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jul 14 23:24:11 PDT 2009

Hi All,
	 Since its inclusion in 2.6.30 kernel i wanted to try out the new protocol.
However there are few things iam not familiar with. Can anyone clarify it?

- I read somewhere that RDS can be used on regular hardware/stack too without
the need of infiniband/rdma hardware. Is it true? If so i plan to run this on
kvm system with f10 and 2.6.30 kernel with RDS enabled.

- I believe i need to install user utils. I found couple of git trees in
http://www.openfabrics.org/git/. Iam not sure which git tree to use.
can you suggest one?

- Having done the above, can i write simple socket programs using RDS? Is
there something else i need to know or be aware?

- Is there any other documentation other than the one in kernel that i can
use?

--
Regards,
Varun Chandramohan