[rds-devel] OK - so what is a common completion model / unified poll in RDS anyway ?

Richard Frank richard.frank at oracle.com
Thu Nov 15 04:19:10 PST 2007

A lot of what's driving the choice of flags is driven by the desire to
use common code in our application for all socket implementations -
including UDP and RDS.  This is where the pollout / pollin originates -
it's transparent - well 99.9% - to the app that it is running on RDS.

If we want to change the flags - we can not do it in RDS v3 - due to our
requirement of not wanting to break RDS v2 applications.