[rds-devel] OK - so what is a common completion model / unified poll in RDS anyway ?

Olaf Kirch olaf.kirch at oracle.com
Wed Nov 14 23:40:11 PST 2007

On Thursday 15 November 2007 03:45, Richard Frank wrote:
> Poll for RDS sockets it cabable of detecting all of the following events
> and waking a waiter:
>
> a) incoming messages (pollin)
> b) send space available (pollout)
> c) any rdma completion or a specific rdma completion (pollin)
> d) congestion removed from a destination (pollin)

Please, let's not overload POLLIN even more. For RDMA completions
we could at least use POLLMSG (yes, it's Linux-specific).

For congestion updates, I think we still need a better solution
than POLLIN. What about POLLRDBAND? It's not such a great fit either,
because there's nothing to be read from the socket - but at
least it's distinct from other values.

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch  |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir at lst.de |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax