[rds-devel] RDS code in OFED 1.3

Or Gerlitz or.gerlitz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 01:31:17 PST 2007

On Nov 15, 2007 1:12 AM, Olaf Kirch <olaf.kirch at oracle.com> wrote:

> Um, didn't you just complain the other day that these patches were missing
> from the 1.3 tree? :-)

Its a different issue, the patches were missing from the OFED 1.3 tree
and you are now
fixing it. But here I am talking on a tree for RDS development

>> done. I even found this email below where you guys agreed to open such
>> tree, it just never happened.

> I fail to understand why you want that. It's not like RDS is a huge
> subsystem that is going to see a high sustained rate of code churn.

It makes life much easier and robust: no non-rds experimental commits
that might break rds are expected
or are much less expected in such tree.  Also RDS has more LOC then
iscsi and iscsi has its own git tree, etc etc.

> It's certainly possible to set up a git repository or two, but I see
> no point in doing so unless Vlad says it's the way he prefers
> to be fed these changes.

Since we don't have a maintainer for RDS now, there's no one whose
take has larger weight,
I don't see why not just do it as I ask for it, and you basically agree.

Or.