[rds-devel] Re: RDS ACKs

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Sun Nov 4 00:24:41 PDT 2007

Richard Frank wrote:
> Yes - RDS was designed to meet Oracle's IPC requirements and I assume
> anyone else dealing with the same issues.

these requirements need to be written on paper, I think.

> RDS is continuing to evolve ( RDS v3 is in dev).

what is v3, an enhancement or a rewrite?

> We can consider publishing a more generic requirements doc - other than
> the early proposal we handed out a few years back (for RDS v1).

yes, that would definitely help with reviewing the code and debugging,
is the early proposal available somewhere?

> From an interface perspective - we need to check in the man pages for
> RDS - if not already there.

The man page provides some info on the reliability provided by RDS, but
again without requirement or spec, its not possible to really know
--why-- this or that feature exists.

Or.