[Ocfs2-users] Reproducing fragmentation and out of space error

Nick Anderson nick at cmdln.org
Wed May 30 11:35:51 PDT 2012

Recently I ran into a situation where an ocfs2 (1.4) volume was
reporting it was out of space when it was not. Deleting some files
helped short term but the problem quickly comes back.

I believe this is due to the fragmentation bug that I have seen
references to in the mailing list archive. I am trying to reproduce the
problem on a test system so that I can validate that upgrading to 1.6
will resolve the issue.

Curious if anyone has a script that will create a heavily fragmented fs.

Also its not clear to me what specific debugfs.ocfs2 output I should be
looking at to see when I am approaching the point when the error arises.