[Ocfs2-users] Need Expert Comments - OS Upgrade

Herbert van den Bergh herbert.van.den.bergh at oracle.com
Mon May 14 09:09:27 PDT 2012

First of all, why bother update  to 5.5, when you can update to 5.8?
Many bugs have been fixed since 5.5.  Do you really want to run into those?

OCFS2 and the kernel have to be upgraded at the same time.  In other
words, you have to make sure you install both the kernel and the OCFS2
module that goes with it at the same time, then you reboot into the new
kernel with the new OCFS2 module.  The easiest thing to do is to just
run yum update, and let it update to the latest package versions, and
then install the OCFS2 package for the kernel that got installed.

Thanks,
Herbert.