[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 1.2/1.6

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Fri Mar 2 09:27:26 PST 2012

The file system on-disk image has not changed. So the 1.6 file system
software can mount the volume created with 1.2 mkfs. What you cannot do
is concurrently mount the same volume with nodes running 1.2 and 1.6
versions of the file system software.

It is not mixed mode. The 1.6 fs software will read the on-disk features
on the 1.2 volume and limit the functioning on that volume to just that.
Perfectly normal.

Yes, you can add the tablespace on the 1.2 volume.

For the 1.2 volume to be able to use 1.6 features, the said features
will have to be enabled. Once you do enable those features, the volume
will not be mountable on the older RHEL4 boxes unless those features
are disabled. There is a whole section in the users' guide that explains
this in more detail.