[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 1.2/1.6

Maki, Nancy Nancy.Maki at suny.edu
Fri Mar 2 08:09:03 PST 2012

We are in the process of migrating to new database servers.  Our current
RAC clusters are running OCFS2 1.2.9 on RHEL 4.  Our new servers are
running OCFS2 1.6 OEL5.  If possible, we would like to minimize the
amount of data that needs to move as we migrate to the new servers.  We
have the following questions:

1.      Can we mount an existing OCFS2 1.2 volume on a servers running
OCFS2 1.6?

2.      Are there any negative implications of being in a mixed mode?

3.      If we need to add a OCFS2 1.6 volume to increase a tablespace
size, can we have one datafile be OCFS2 1.2 and another

be OCFS2 1.6 for the same tablespace?

4.      Can we use OCFS2 1.6 features against an OCFS2 1.2 volume
mounted on OCFS2 1.6?

Thank you,

Nancy

  <http://www.suny.edu/>

Nancy Maki
Manager of Database Services

Office of Information & Technology
The State University of New York
State University Plaza - Albany, New York 12246
Tel: 518.320.1213   Fax: 518.320.1550

eMail:  Nancy.Maki at suny.edu
Be a part of Generation SUNY: Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/generationsuny>  - Twitter