[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 cluster fails every few days

Stijn De Smet sridesmet at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 01:17:22 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm using ovm 2.2.2, every 3-4 days I get heartbeat errors, : I/o errors
Kernel panic - not syncing fatal exception, bad entry in directory #137:
rec_len is smaller than minimal. After searching the internet I come to the
conclusion that ocfs2 has some known bugs like these and that an upgrade of
ocfs2 can solve them.
When I do:
[root at VMS01 ~]# rpm -qa | grep ocfs2
ocfs2-tools-1.4.3-4.el5

I don't get the version of the ocfs2 kernel package. So it's probably
bundled, which leaves me with the question if I can upgrade it. And if so,
which version should I use?

When I use the the el5.3 repo source I can upgrade it.. but won't I get 2
different packages, the kernel-bundles one and the new el5.3 one?

[root at VMS01 ~]# yum install ocfs2
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package ocfs2-2.6.18-128.el5.i686 0:1.2.9-1.el5 set to be updated

Though, I canceled this command.

3 images on 3 different machines during the errors:
VMS01 (master slave)
[http://i44.tinypic.com/jfcl6w.jpg]
VMS02
[http://i42.tinypic.com/rvca5k.jpg]