[Ocfs2-users] log file sync waits & ocfs2

Herbert van den Bergh herbert.van.den.bergh at oracle.com
Tue Nov 22 07:41:24 PST 2011

How did you determine that the log file sync waits (oracle processes
waiting for LGWR) are due to LGWR writes being too slow?  Did you try
changing the log files to different storage, and see if it made a
difference?  Does the storage have a write back cache?

I doubt the cluster size has any impact.  Log files are pre-allocated,
and do not extend at runtime.

Thanks,
Herbert.