[Ocfs2-users] log file sync waits & ocfs2

Pravin K Patil pravinkpatil at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 21:17:44 PST 2011

Hi,

We have ocfs2 1.4 and having high log file sync waits, which are mostly due
to LGWR not able to complete writes fast enought for online redo logs. All
of our online redo log file systems are created with default cluster size
of 4K, If we get new file systems of cluster size 128 K or even of 1MB,
will it help to speed up the writing to online redolog and reduce the i/o
particular to this and help reduce log file sync waits? Indirectly we are
looking to tune the heavy writes on the file system. which all properties
of ocfs2 would help speed this up?

Appreciate the response from all of your's experience..

Regards,
Pravin