[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 and db_block_size

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Mon Nov 14 15:47:16 PST 2011

We talk about this in the user's guide.
1. Always use 4K blocksize.
2. Never set the cluster size less than the database block size.

Having a smaller cluster size could mean that a db block may not be contiguous.
And you don't want that for performance and other reasons. Having a still larger
cluster size is an easy way to ensure the files are contiguous. Contiguity can only
help perf.