[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 and db_block_size

Pravin K Patil pravinkpatil at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 15:35:54 PST 2011

Hi All,

Is there a benchmark study done different block sizes of ocfs2 and
corrosponding db_block_size and its impact on read / write?
Similar way s there any study done for cluster size of ocfs2 and
corrosponding db_block_size and its impact on read / write?

For example if the db_block_size is 8K and if we have ocfs2 cluster size as
4K will it have any performance impact or in other words, if we make
cluster size of file systems on which data files are located as 8K will it
improve performance? if so is it for read or write?

Looking for actual expereince on the settings of ocfs2 block size, cluster
size and db_block_size corelation.

Regards,
Pravin