[Ocfs2-users] UEK Kernel install to get OCFS2 1.6 installed ..

Jorge Adrian Salaices asalaices at airsysco.com
Thu May 19 11:55:18 PDT 2011

Sorry for all the questions .. , as always I appreciate any of the input
you can provide :-)

After some Monkeying around I got to where I can install the UEK Kernel
on Centos/RHEL (Unbreakable 5.5) systems by running ...

*On a Unbreakable Linux (RHEL) 5.5 Servers*

/yum --disableexcludes=all --disablerepo base --disablerepo updates
--enablerepo el5_u5_base --enablerepo ol5_u5_base  install kernel
/
*On a Centos 5.5 Servers*

/yum --disableexcludes=all --enablerepo el5_u5_base --enablerepo
ol5_u5_base  install kernel/

So the questions:

*1.- Once I do that I would install oracle-linux on the Unbreakable
Linux Servers via YUM and make sure I have installed
ocfs2-tools-1.6.3-2.el5 and ocfs2console-1.6.3-2.el5 on the Centos/RHEL
5.5 Servers
Right ?
*
*2.- Once I have 1.6 Installed can I simply use the existing OCFS2
Volumes formatted with 1.4.7 or do I have to reformat them with 1.6 ?
*
*3.- If I want to use 1.4 I can just simply boot the old kernel, Right ?
Even if I formatted the volumes with 1.6 ?
*
*4.- Is there a compatibility mode that can be enabled to have the 1.6
kernel Modules allow to talk to a server with 1.4 installed ?
*

Please not that My "intention" with all this is to have me get to the
1.6 code to avoid hitting some of the issues existing with 1.4.7

Thanks !

--

Adrian Salaices
Sr. Linux Administrator