[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 1.6 for RHEL?

Sérgio Surkamp sergio at gruposinternet.com.br
Fri May 13 13:29:31 PDT 2011

We are running UEK (for OL5) on CentOS 5.5 for about four months without
a single problem.

Just fallow the public repository - http://public-yum.oracle.com/ -
instructions for Oracle Linux 5.

Regards,
Sérgio

Em Fri, 13 May 2011 13:06:06 -0700
Herbert van den Bergh <herbert.van.den.bergh at oracle.com> escreveu:

> I think the UEK will work on Centos as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Herbert.
>
> On May 13, 2011, at 12:53 PM, Kristian Jörg <krjg at devo.se> wrote:
>
> > We are using CentOS (based on RHEL5). So this basically means we
> > are stuck with ocfs2 1.4 forever when it comes to official releases?
> > But I guess when you release the source code for 1.6 I could try
> > and compile it myself for CentOS? 1.6 is still GPL right?
> >
> > We have been testing ocfs2 since we have been having huge problems
> > with GFS with the kind of filesystems we have (lots and lots of
> > small files and mostly read access). Ocfs2 seems to solve all these
> > performance problems and we had high hopes for it. However the news
> > that 1.6 and forward will not be available for RHEL/CentOS is bad
> > news. I do hope you will reconsider. A big user base is the best
> > way to make successful products IMHO.
> >
> > /Kristian
> >

> > Sunil Mushran skrev 2011-05-13 18:46:
> >> Support is a whole different ballgame. I am only talking
> >> about availability. And I interpreted that qs to be asking
> >> whether ocfs2 1.6 be available for the standard rhel kernels.
> >> And the answer is no. It will be available only for uek.

  .:''''':.
.:'        `     Sérgio Surkamp | Gerente de Rede
::    ........   sergio at gruposinternet.com.br
  `:,   ,.:'     *Grupos Internet S.A.*
    `: :'        R. Lauro Linhares, 2123 Torre B - Sala 201
     : :         Trindade - Florianópolis - SC
     :.'
     ::          +55 48 3234-4109
     :
     '           http://www.gruposinternet.com.br