[Ocfs2-users] cannot write to filesystem, permission denied?

Sven Karlsson karlesven at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 06:00:18 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Werner Flamme <werner.flamme at ufz.de> wrote:
> Sven Karlsson [07.06.2011 14:01]:
> Unfortunately, mount shows the filesystem as rw when even when it was
> remounted ro because of errors (mount option: errors=remount-ro). Maybe
> dmesg can tell you if there were errors and that the drive is in ro
> access now.

No such message in dmesg. Perhaps this info is available elsewhere?

> I suggest that you unmount the filesystem on all nodes and do a

It's only one node at the moment so no problem there. mounted.ocfs2
also reports that its only accessed at the local node.

> fsck.ocfs2 -f dev/mapper/vg01-lv_mycluster

Now this is strange:

# fsck.ocfs2 -f /dev/vg01/lv_mycluster
fsck.ocfs2 1.6.3
fsck.ocfs2: Could not create domain while initializing the DLM
#

However, if the filesystem is mounted, it is checked OK
with fsck.ocfs2 -nf  ...

Maybe there is some locking problem? I also tried mounting the
filesystem with heartbeat=none, mount=local, but these options seem
to be for older ocfs2 versions.