[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 - no space left on device

Goldwyn Rodrigues rgoldwyn at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 07:52:46 PDT 2011

Hi Stefan,

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 3:50 AM, Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG
<s.priebe at profihost.ag> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a few days ago we ran into a problem regarding our ocfs2 device. We got
> the message no space left on device. But there were still 64GB free.
>
> I then search the web and got two anders.
> 1.)
> http://www.novell.com/support/viewContent.do?externalId=7008696&sliceId=1
>
> I'm a little bit confused right now. Yes we have only a block and
> cluster size of 12 bits but i created the volume with -T mail and
> shouldn't mail be for a lot of small files?
> In the novell document it says "4Kb block size is a good recommendation
> for a small number of large files".

This was an error and we have fixed the document. However your problem
could be caused due to different reasons. Most often it is
fragmentation. An output of
http://oss.oracle.com/~smushran/debug/scripts/stat_sysdir.sh may help
us identify the cause.

--