[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 - no space left on device

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Mon Jul 18 01:50:30 PDT 2011

Hi,

a few days ago we ran into a problem regarding our ocfs2 device. We got
the message no space left on device. But there were still 64GB free.

I then search the web and got two anders.
1.)
http://www.novell.com/support/viewContent.do?externalId=7008696&sliceId=1

I'm a little bit confused right now. Yes we have only a block and
cluster size of 12 bits but i created the volume with -T mail and
shouldn't mail be for a lot of small files?
In the novell document it says "4Kb block size is a good recommendation
for a small number of large files".

2.) discontig-bg flag
Sadly i cannot enable it as the debian squeeze 2.6.32 kernel doesn't
support it. Is there a backport available from oracle? So i can build a
new kernel myself.

And how can i check whether my problem is due to 12bit or due to
discontig-bg flag? Or will the discontig-bg also solve the 12 bit problem?

Stefan