[Ocfs2-users] ping_pong using o2cb and cman

Dan Warner dan.r.warner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 12:45:00 PST 2011

OK great, that made it clear. I didn't know that locking was a bit of a can
of worms after reading a few pages on in.

I did very quickly modify the ping_pong code to change the locking mechanism
to flock and the o2cb stack locks as expected producing slightly better
performance than cman.

>From http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/CTDB_Setup

OCFS2 1.4 offers cluster-wide byte-range locking, but the OCFS2 1.2
filesystem will need special handling, as it does not support cluster wide
byte range locking. To work around this you will need to use some other sort
of shared filesystem (such as NFS) for the "private directory" in Samba and
the CTDB_RECOVERY_LOCK file in CTDB.

So I take it that to use samba ocfs2 you need to use cman or pacemaker as
they support byte range locking or as suggested above use NFS for certain
directories and the o2cb stack

Thanks for your time, Dan