[Ocfs2-users] Performance degrade when more nodes adding

Thomas Lau thomaslau at esun.com
Thu Feb 3 23:24:45 PST 2011

Hi, according to cluster file system logic and from my testing experience on other FS, the more nodes add into clustered file system, the more performance degradation it will have, two questions:
1. Is it possible to tune ocfs2 so that the performance issue wouldn't be a breakdown problem?
2. How many cluster nodes do you guys experience will have major performance issue?

The fs we use is 90% read, 10% write, mostly video which are more than 5MB, and small php files.

"Sent via CSL BlackBerry."