[Ocfs2-users] Ofcs2 Questions!

Antonis Kopsaftis akops at edu.teiath.gr
Thu Feb 3 10:27:49 PST 2011

Hello,

My setup consists with 2 backend mail servers, running
dovecot/postfix/mailscanner in primary/secondary mode. The primary
server has 6GB ram, and the seconadary a virtual machine with 2GB ram.
Both servers using a external SAN over fiber. I have over 15.000users,
and the performance is very good without using any exotic performance
tips. I just mount the filesystem with noatime. I ran this setup for
almost a year without any problems.
After the discovery of the bug that ocfs2 has last October , and the
notification from oracle people, that the bug will not be fixed, i
searched for an alternative filesystem.
So during December i moved all my user files to gfs2. On the same setup
gfs2 is a little slower than ocfs2.

I have another cluster (not mail) running with ocfs2. Sadly i have to
change that too...

Regards,
akops