[Ocfs2-users] One node, two clusters?

Kushnir, Michael (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] michael.kushnir at nih.gov
Thu Dec 22 10:39:58 PST 2011

Is there a separate DLM instance for each ocfs2 volume?

I have two "sub-clusters" in the same cluster... A 10 node Hadoop cluster sharing a SATA RAID10 and a Two node web server cluster sharing a SSD RAID0. One server mounts both volumes to move data between as necessary.

This morning I got the following error (see end of message), and all nodes lost access to all storage. I'm trying to mitigate risk of this happening again.

My hadoop nodes are used to generate search engine indexes, so they can go down. But my web servers provide the search engine service so I need them to not be tied to my hadoop nodes. I just feel safer that way. At the same time,  I need a "bridge" node to move data between the two. I can do it via NFS or SCP, but I figured it'd be worth while to ask if one node can be in two different clusters.

Dec 22 09:15:42 lhce-imed-web1 kernel: (updatedb,1832,1):dlm_get_lock_resource:898 042F68B6AF134E5C9A9EDF4D7BD7BE99:O0000000000000013d2ef9400000000: at least one node (11) to recover before lock mastery can begin

Thanks,
Mike