[Ocfs2-users] question about _datavolume

srinivas eeda srinivas.eeda at oracle.com
Thu Dec 8 09:07:01 PST 2011

On 12/8/2011 7:52 AM, Shashank wrote:
> I want to know whether _datavolume can be used for non-database
> filesystems. Oracle support is recommending the use of _datavolume
> along with _netdev
datavolume option was a way to tell older oracle database versions that
the filesystem does support direct io. When mounted it with this option
it returns oracle v1 magic number which older database code was aware
off. It is not required for newer versions and certainly not required
for non-database fs.