[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 showing "No space left on device" on a device with free space

Ramappa, Ravi (NSN - IN/Bangalore) ravi.ramappa at nsn.com
Tue Dec 6 01:58:15 PST 2011

Hi ,

I am getting the error "No space left on device" on a device with free
space which is ocfs2 filesystem.
Additional information is as below,

[root at sai93 staging]# debugfs.ocfs2 -n -R "stats" /dev/sdb1 | grep -i
"Cluster Size"
        Block Size Bits: 12   Cluster Size Bits: 15

[root at sai93 ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga)

[root at sai93 ~]# uname -r
2.6.18-128.el5

[root at sai93 ~]# rpm -qa| grep ocfs
ocfs2console-1.4.4-1.el5
ocfs2-2.6.18-128.el5-1.4.7-1.el5
ocfs2-tools-1.4.4-1.el5

[root at sai93 ~]# cat /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf
node:
        ip_port = 7777
        ip_address = 10.71.10.93
        number = 0
        name = sai93
        cluster = ocfs2
node:
        ip_port = 7777
        ip_address = 10.71.10.94
        number = 1
        name = sai94
        cluster = ocfs2
cluster:
        node_count =2
        name = ocfs2

[root at sai93 ~]#

The only way I overcome this error is by unmounting the ocfs2
filesystem, doing a fsck followed by server reboot.

988  fsck.ocfs2 /dev/sdb1
  989  mount -a
  990  df -h
  991  touch /mnt/staging/test
  992  man fsck.ocfs2
  993  umount /mnt
  994  service ocfs2 stop
  995  dmesg
  996  reboot

After restarting the servers  I have executed the stat_sysdir.sh script,
the output of which is attached herwith. Kindly confirm whether I need
to do any changes to ocfs2 configuration , to avoid the above error.

 <<output.zip>>

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi  Ramappa