[Ocfs2-users] No space left on device error, older kernels?

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Thu Oct 28 14:24:58 PDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 04:02:47PM +0300, Antonis Kopsaftis wrote:
> I search for info about the unbreakable kernel, and by the info that i
> found i came up to
> this conclusions:
> 1. To use unbreakable kernel you have to upgrade your distro to oracle
> linux first. This
> upgrade is only available for Redhat linux and not the free branches(px
> centos).
> 2. To upgrade to oracle linux you have to BUY a support contract.

	As Herbert pointed out, you can get the packages from
public-yum.oracle.com right now.  The Unbreakable kernel should install
on your EL5-based system with perhaps a couple dependent package
upgrades.
	If you want us to answer phone calls about it, you need a
support contract, but given that you are running SL and not RHEL/OL, I
don't think you care about that.

Joel

--

Life's Little Instruction Book #267

	"Lie on your back and look at the stars."

Joel Becker
Senior Development Manager
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker at oracle.com