[Ocfs2-users] No space left on device error, older kernels?

Herbert van den Bergh Herbert.van.den.Bergh at oracle.com
Thu Oct 28 08:39:42 PDT 2010

You don't need to buy a support license to use Oracle Linux.  You can
download and use it for free.  You can configure your system to get the
Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel from public-yum.oracle.com.

You don't need to "upgrade" to Oracle Linux to install the Unbreakable
Kernel, as long as the distro you are using is binary compatible with
Red Hat / Oracle Linux.  If you added third party modules to your
system, you will have to get new ones for the Unbreakable Kernel.
Otherwise you should be able to just drop it in place.

Oracle has not dropped support for OCFS2 on EL5.  Yet.  But some
problems are too difficult to fix in the older version.  The decision
was made that fixing this particular problem in the old OCFS2 version
was more risky than living with the problem.

Thanks,
Herbert.