[Ocfs2-users] disabling self-fencing

Michael Austin onedbguru at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 16:53:51 PDT 2010

the "fencing" is not the issue, it is the cluster communications - you
should never have more than one cluster manager trying to manage your
devices. When OCFS2 sees a lun that it manages disappear or is unable to
communicate with the heartbeat and/or voting/ocr devices, it protects data
at all cost by "shooting" the offending node.

Making changes to the OCFS2 kernel module is a very dangerous thing to do if
you do not completely understand what it is doing to start with.  Unless of
course your data is not that important as you are almost guaranteed to lose
it.