[Ocfs2-users] Kernel panic when deleting a file

Kristiansen Morten Morten.Kristiansen at hn-ikt.no
Tue May 11 00:18:29 PDT 2010

OK, so my plan of upgrading both RH and ocfs2 is not possible? Like this:
<on all nodes>
Reinstall RHEL5 (latest kernel)
Install ocfs2-1.2.9
Reinstall oracle with clusterware and submit to the Oracle cluster </on all nodes>

<on all nodes>
Upgrade ocfs2 from 1.2.9 to 1.4.7
</on all nodes>

Is it because ocfs2 1.2 is only provided for all el5 kernels upto u3, the reason of my problems when trying to compile and run it on kernel 2.6.18-194.el5? Ocfs2 1.2 is not supposed to work on kernel 2.6.18-194.el5?

So my reinstall plan should be:
< on one node>
	Reinstall RHEL5 (latest kernel)
	Install ocfs2-1.4.7
	Reinstall oracle with clusterware and submit to the Oracle cluster
</on one node>

Stop oracle cluster on all nodes
Unmount all ocfs2 disks
Stop ocfs2 on all nodes

<on reinstalled node>
	Start ocfs2
	Mount ocfs2 disks
	Start oracle cluster
</on reinstalled node>

<on rest of the nodes>
	Reinstall RHEL5 (latest kernel)
	Install ocfs2-1.4.7
	Reinstall oracle with clusterware and submit to the Oracle cluster
	Start ocfs2
	Mount ocfs2 disks
	Start oracle cluster
</on rest of the nodes>

This plan will need to be done in a quiet period of the system, otherwise the running node will have to much pressure on it.

Regards
Morten K