[Ocfs2-users] backup performance problem and snapshot

Karim Alkhayer kkhayer at gmail.com
Sun May 2 11:08:05 PDT 2010

Hi,

For backup; I'm assuming you'd like to have exactly the same FS on another
mount point, try rsync. First time only will be slower as you're backing up
everything, then the rest shall be incremental (rsyinc will process the
delta only); you could use the -av option.

For the second issue, slow copy; try to ftp  instead (internally, on the
same host; ssh to the other lan then ftp get, dummy workaround, but works
sometimes, and normally faster than the standard cp).

Hope that help

Best regards,

Karim Alkhayer