[Ocfs2-users] node B reboots when node A is isolated from the network

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Mon Mar 29 13:15:01 PDT 2010

A and B are identical machines. Network has lots of redundancy. They
both access same OCFS2 volumes over Fiber Channel on a SAN.

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga)
2.6.18-128.el5 x86_64
OCFS2 1.2.9

I log in to the switch and isolate node A from the network (shutdown all
ports to node A on the switch), but the node remains connected to SAN
over fiber.

In that case, node B will reset itself and then boot up. While booting
up, node B will not remount the OCFS2 volumes on the SAN. If I try to
mount them manually on B, mount fails.

All this time, the OCFS2 volumes are still mounted on node A - I can
access them if I go on A through the console and do some filesystem
tests (df, mount, touch, rm ... ).

I can only remount the OCFS2 volumes on node B after I bring node A back
online on the Ethernet switch.

I assume this is actually normal behavior. Am I correct?

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/