[Ocfs2-users] Can't delete LV snapshot after mounting

Armin Wied armin.wied at awnet.info
Fri Mar 19 05:02:10 PDT 2010

Dear Sunil

Thank's a lot for your reply.

I think I maybe wasn't clear enough on one point and you got me wrong.
I don't have LVM on top of DRBD but the other way round:
OCFS2 -> DRBD -> LVM -> MD-RAID -> physical disk
Same on both machines, so do you still think, that's queasy?

I have used iSCSI already for some other setup, but wanted to use just 2
single PCs for this setup to have a cluster system with no single point of
failure, so I don't see any advantage of using iSCSI in this scenario.

You are right with your guess reagrding the o2hb thread. There is one after
the system is rebootet and a second one is started, as soon as I mount the
snapshot. After unmounting, both are still there, so that appears to be the
reason, why I can't remove the snapshot.

Is there any (safe) way get rid of it after unmounting?

Thank's
Armin