[Ocfs2-users] Can't delete LV snapshot after mounting

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Thu Mar 18 10:28:11 PDT 2010

I am queasy recommending such a setup to anyone. It is one thing to handle
a workload. The problem is about handling user/admin errors. You are
essentially
running a local volume manager that is unaware of the other node. Any
reconfig
that is not coordinated will lead to corruption. Below that you have
drbd which
a fine block device replication solution. But I would personally choose
iscsi
which is a excellent lowcost shared device. Also, does not limit you to
2 nodes.
The iscsi target in sles is known to be good. Why not just use that and
use drbd
to replicate the device (like emc srdf) for still higher availability.

Having said that, the 2 you are seeing is not because of the number of
nodes but
because of the hb thread. umount is supposed to stop that hb thread.
Maybe that is
not happening.

# ps aux | grep o2hb
You should see one when the volume is mounted and not when umounted.

Sunil