[Ocfs2-users] POSIX locks supported?

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Wed Mar 10 13:21:32 PST 2010

To get this feature, one needs both a kernel >= 2.6.28 and a
functioning userspace cluster stack.

ocfs2 1.4 on (rh)el5/sles10 does not satisfy either of the two.

As of now, there are two such stacks. Pacemaker from Novell and
the "new" CMAN (new is my term... unsure how RH will be marketing
it) from Red Hat.

For Enterprise kernels, currently only SLES11 (HAE) satisfies both
requirements. (RH)EL6, when it ships, should also offer the same.

For non-enterprise distros, you will have to see the state of
the clusterstack in that distro.

For Fedora, the upcoming FC13 will be your best bet.
For ubuntu, the upcoming 10.04 looks promising.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ClusterStack/LucidTesting#Pacemaker,%20drbd8%20and%20OCFS2%20or%20GFS2

Sunil