[Ocfs2-users] POSIX locks supported?

Frank Lahm franklahm at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 10 12:28:39 PST 2010

Hi list,

does latest ocfs2 support POSIX locks or doesn't it? The infos I've
found contradict each other, according to [1] it's not supported, but
according to [2] it's mentioned as working since kernel
2.6.28:
---8---
Cluster aware POSIX file locks (fcntl(), lockf())

Required Kernel: Linux 2.6.28
Required Tools: Any - userspace cluster stack required
POSIX locks are now cluster aware. Locks taken on one node will
interact with those taken on another node. Due to the group
communication required to make these locks coherent, a userspace
cluster is required.
---8---

Cheers, Frank

[1] <http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/dist/documentation/v1.4/ocfs2-1_4-usersguide.pdf>:
p.12: "(Note: Support for clustered POSIX file locks, also known as
lockf(3) or fcntl(2), has not yet been added. We hope to have that
available in the near term.)"
[2] <http://oss.oracle.com/osswiki/OCFS2/NewFeaturesList>