[Ocfs2-users] 'No space left on device' error with plenty of space.

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Fri Jun 25 11:48:54 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 02:03:59PM -0400, Eric Raskin wrote:
> In the meantime, I'm planning on moving data off the file system,
> re-creating it, then moving the data back on again.  I'm hoping that
> will "defragment" it enough to allow it to continue working for a while.
>
> Does anyone know if I'm wasting my time?  Will it just have the same
> problem when I put the data back?

	That will help for a little while, but you will run into the
problem as you get nearer full.  The solution is in mainline, we're
working on bringing it to production releases.

Joel

--

 Joel's Second Law:

	If a code change requires additional user setup, it is wrong.

Joel Becker
Consulting Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker at oracle.com