[Ocfs2-users] 'No space left on device' error with plenty of space.

Eric Raskin eraskin at paslists.com
Fri Jun 25 11:03:59 PDT 2010

Unfortunately, we also have just started having the same issue and are
anxiously awaiting a solution.   So far I've just deleted things I
didn't absolutely need in order to keep our production system running,
but that won't work forever.

The filesystem was defined for 750GB.  We've currently got 529GB of data
on it (71%).  When we got near 80%, it stops allowing us to create files.

In the meantime, I'm planning on moving data off the file system,
re-creating it, then moving the data back on again.  I'm hoping that
will "defragment" it enough to allow it to continue working for a while.

Does anyone know if I'm wasting my time?  Will it just have the same
problem when I put the data back?

Thanks in advance...

   Eric

Jason Price wrote:
> I've updated the bug #1263.  I am still periodically getting ENOSPC
> errors out of this file system.  Apparently bugzilla isn't accepting
> attachments at this moment, so I'll attach the current stat_sysdir.sh
> output.
>
> At this point, I can't continue having these errors in production.
>  Next week, I'll begin migrating away from OCFS2.  If you have any
> ideas for tests or remedy's, I'll be happy to run some tests before I
> begin the migration.
>
> --Jason

Eric H. Raskin                              Voice:  914-765-0500 x120
Professional Advertising Systems Inc.       Fax:    914-765-0503
200 Business Park Dr Ste 304                EMail:  eraskin at paslists.com
Armonk, NY 10504                            Web:    www.paslists.com