[Ocfs2-users] Kernel independent OCFS2 packages for RHEL, Scientific Linux and CentOS

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Fri Jun 18 15:14:45 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 03:08:34PM -0700, Joel Becker wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 10:35:50PM +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
> > Of course, I am sympathetic with corporate support issues, so please
> > provide me with the specifics and rationale for any changes you
> > desire
> > and I will discuss it with the rest of the team.
>
> 	Well, I don't have a specific answer right now.  I guess I'll
> have to look at your packages and page directly to see what I can
> suggest.

	Oh, my.  You provide 'ocfs2' and directly override the existing
modules as delivered.  Am I correct that, should a person have our ocfs2
package for 2.6.18-92.el5 installed and your kmod package, they will
actually load your kmod module instead?  Is there any way to prevent
this?

Joel

--

"When ideas fail, words come in very handy."
         - Goethe

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle