[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2-tools 1.4.4 build at debian lenny

Proskurin Kirill proskurin-kv at fxclub.org
Thu Jun 3 06:46:17 PDT 2010

On 03/06/10 17:23, Andrew Robert Nicols wrote:

> It looks like the debian packaging for ocfs2-tools in the source package is
> prety much unmaintained. The version in debian/changelog corresponds to
> 1.3.9-1 (UNRELEASED). There have been a lot of changes since then.

That it is what I fear. I understand right what only debian part of
sources is old? And I need to rm it and create new?

>> But run on some problems:
>> 1) It is normal what version inside sources is 1.3.9-1? Why not 1.4.4-1?
>> 2) debuild -rfakeroot stops with "No PO directory found, use the --podir
>> flag to tell where it is... exiting"
>
> Try dpkg-buildpackage instead of debuild -rfakeroot.
>
> Read the man page for the flags you want, but you're probably after
> something like:
>
> dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -sa -rfakeroot

I try it but got error on:
/usr/bin/make distclean
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/ocfs-tools'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `distclean'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/ocfs-tools'
make: *** [clean] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: failure: fakeroot debian/rules clean gave error exit
status 2

Than I comment it I still got error:
debconf-updatepo
No PO directory found, use the --podir flag to tell where it is... exiting

> If you are building a package, and including it in a debian repo (e.g.
> reprepro), make sure that you use a version number like 1.4.4~foo-0 such
> that if 1.4.4 hits backports, you can switch to that easily. (1.4.4-0>
> 1.4.4~foo-0).

Ok, thank you.

> Also, if you need to update the changelog, look at tools like dch rather
> than trying to do it yourself. There are a lot of really useful tools in
> the devscripts package (e.g. dch, debc, etc).
>
> You could also look at the current package source using apt-get source
> ocfs2-tools and creating a buildable package from there...

Yes - it is good hint, thank you.

--
Best regards,
Proskurin Kirill