[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 acl inherit

Pawel pzlist at mp.pl
Thu Jul 8 14:36:29 PDT 2010

Hi,
My ocfs2 filesystem does not  apply default acl to parent files & folders.

1. ofcs2 is mounted with acl and user_xattr (/dev/etherd/e2.1 on
/datashare type ocfs2 (rw,_netdev,user_xattr,acl,heartbeat=local))
2. some directory on the fs has assigned default acl for tcpdump user:
user::rwx
user:tcpdump:rw-
group::r-x
mask::rwx
other::r-x
default:user::rwx
default:user:tcpdump:rw-
default:group::r-x
default:mask::rwx
default:other::r-x
3. When I made subfolder it should inherits permissions. But getfacl
shows me:
user::rwx
group::rwx
other::r-x
default:user::rwx
default:user:tcpdump:rw-
default:group::r-x
default:mask::rwx
default:other::r-x

As you can see
default inheritance is moved to child,
but permission are not inherited  from parent. There is missing
user:tcpdump:rw-

Could you tell me what is missed ?
It is my fault, or ocfs2 bug ?

I tested it using kernel 2.6.34 and 2.6.32, and tools 1.4.4 and newest
one from git.
debugfs.ocfs2 -R "stats"   -   lists xattr in section "Feature Incompat"
- it suggest that I miss something ?

Thanks for help
Pawel Z