[Ocfs2-users] new release 1.4.8.1

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Wed Dec 8 01:05:24 PST 2010

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 08:14:47PM +0100, Dag Wieers wrote:
> So the course of action we are likely going to take for RHEL5 users is
> to keep providing the ocfs2 1.4 series, and for RHEL6 we will be
> backporting ocfs2 from mainline kernels (which seems to be at 1.5.0 in
> 2.6.36.1).
>
> It feels however that ocfs2 is becoming less open than it used to be :-/

	All new features go into mainline first.  That's how we do it,
and how we will continue to do it.  As Sunil pointed out, the version
number in mainline is rather detached.  Everything in ocfs2 1.6 or 1.4
is also in mainline.
	We're just not packaging ocfs2-module-only RPMs of 1.6.  As you
know, those packages are quite a bit of work.  If you provide those
packages, we'll be happy to answer questions from users here on
ocfs2-users, just like we do for folks using mainline, Slackware,
Ubuntu, or your packages of ocfs2 1.4.

Joel

--

Life's Little Instruction Book #69