[Ocfs2-users] new release 1.4.8.1

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Tue Dec 7 11:44:01 PST 2010

On 12/07/2010 11:14 AM, Dag Wieers wrote:
> So the course of action we are likely going to take for RHEL5 users is to keep providing the ocfs2 1.4 series, and for RHEL6 we will be backporting ocfs2 from mainline kernels (which seems to be at 1.5.0 in 2.6.36.1).

We don't use version numbers in mainline. That 1.5.0 is just a placeholder.
It certainly does not mean that that is older than the one we bundle in UEK.
On the contrary, ocfs2 in mainline is as current as it could be. All our prod
releases are derived from mainline because all our dev work happens on
mainline.

> It feels however that ocfs2 is becoming less open than it used to be :-/

The source is all in mainline. You are welcome to backport it to EL5.