[Ocfs2-users] new release 1.4.8.1

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Dec 6 15:34:21 PST 2010

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010, Sunil Mushran wrote:

> On 12/05/2010 07:19 AM, Dag Wieers wrote:
>>  On Fri, 26 Nov 2010, veeraa bose wrote:
>>
>> >  I have found the new release of ocfs2  in
>> >  http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/files/RedHat/RHEL5/x86_64/1.4.8-1/
>> >  ,
>> >  where I find the specification about the new release.
>>  Yes, the website doesn't seem to have newer tarballs since 1.4.7. So no
>>  1.4.8 or 1.4.8.1. Also I don't seem to find any 1.6 releases either ?
>>
>>  Is the official way to get newer sources to pull them from git, rather
>>  than downloading a tarball ? Or just a hickup from the release team ?
>>
>>  Thanks in advance,
>
> OCFS2 1.4.8 is not released yet. Yes, some rpms have been uploaded. But
> it is still a work-in-progress. We will send out an announcement once all
> that
> is completed. Hopefully sometime this week.
>
> OCFS2 1.6 is not a separate package but is part of the Unbreakable Enterprise
> Kernel (UEK) which is 2.6.32 based. The features in 1.6 will not be
> backported
> to 2.6.18.

Thank you Sunil.

We will be waiting for the official 1.4.8 announcement.

For the ocfs2 1.6, it would be nice to have it also for the RHEL6 kernel,
which is 2.6.32-based. I failed to build ocfs2 1.4.7 for RHEL6, so I was
hoping a newer release was available to support RHEL6. That's how I found
that ocfs2 1.4.8 packages existed :)

I noticed people reported problems with ocfs2 1.6 (on slackware). How did
they get access to the releases ? We really would like to keep offering
ocfs2 for RHEL5 and RHEL6 in the future through the ELRepo project.

Thanks in advance,