[Ocfs2-users] new release 1.4.8.1

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Mon Dec 6 09:19:19 PST 2010

On 12/05/2010 07:19 AM, Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Nov 2010, veeraa bose wrote:
>
>> I have found the new release of ocfs2  in
>> http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/files/RedHat/RHEL5/x86_64/1.4.8-1/ ,
>> where I find the specification about the new release.
> Yes, the website doesn't seem to have newer tarballs since 1.4.7. So no
> 1.4.8 or 1.4.8.1. Also I don't seem to find any 1.6 releases either ?
>
> Is the official way to get newer sources to pull them from git, rather
> than downloading a tarball ? Or just a hickup from the release team ?
>
> Thanks in advance,

OCFS2 1.4.8 is not released yet. Yes, some rpms have been uploaded. But
it is still a work-in-progress. We will send out an announcement once all that
is completed. Hopefully sometime this week.

OCFS2 1.6 is not a separate package but is part of the Unbreakable Enterprise
Kernel (UEK) which is 2.6.32 based. The features in 1.6 will not be backported
to 2.6.18.