[Ocfs2-users] Problem after upgrade to 1.4.7-1 (Bad magic number in superblock while opening context for device)

David Johle djohle at industrialinfo.com
Tue Apr 20 12:21:33 PDT 2010

I'm not sure if this is applicable, but the symptoms are somewhat
similar to something I ran into in the past...

If you by chance had a new kernel installed, which did not take
effect until the next reboot, then it may a version incompatibility
between the kernel and the driver.

Show us the output of: uname -a

Also indicate the specific OCFS2 packages (include all the numbers)
that you have installed.