[Ocfs2-users] CDSL .vs. Bind mounts?

John McNulty johnmcn1 at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 24 12:03:31 PDT 2009

Ah I get it.  It's the combination of bind mounts and symbolic
links.   So if I want to have /home in a cluster filesystem but have a
unique /home/oracle/.bashrc for each node in the cluster I can do
something like this:

On node1:

#  cd /home
#  mkdir -p cluster/node1/oracle  cluster/node2/oracle  cluster/local/
oracle
#  chown oracle.dba  cluster/node1/oracle  cluster/node2/oracle
cluster/local/oracle
#  mount --bind /home/cluster/node1  /home/cluster/local
#  cd  oracle
#  cp  .bashrc  /home/cluster/node1/oracle
#  cp  .bashrc  /home/cluster/node2/oracle
#  rm  .bashrc
#  ln -s /home/cluster/local/oracle/.bashrc  .bashrc
#  vim .bashrc

On node2:

#  mount --bind /home/cluster/node2  /home/cluster/local
#  cd /home/oracle
#  vim .bashrc

And personalize each one accordingly.

Nice!