[Ocfs2-users] Ocfs2-users Digest, Vol 65, Issue 3

John McNulty johnmcn1 at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 22 15:15:52 PDT 2009

The only thing I can think of would / could be to keep node specific
copies of app files in a filesystem local to each node and then soft
link to those from the OCFS2 filesystem.   For example:

-  assume you're going to install into /opt/application, create and
mount an OCFS2 filesystem there.
-  install as normal on one node.
-  create a new [small] ext3 filesystem on each cluster member and
mount to /local (or where ever you like)
-  assume files like /opt/application/etc/app.conf need to be unique
to each cluster node
-  mkdir -p /local/application/etc
-  cp /opt/application/etc/app.conf  /local/application/etc   (repeat
on each cluster node)
-  modify /local/application/etc/app.conf on each node to make it unique
-  rm /opt/application/etc/app.conf
-  ln -s /local/application/etc/app.conf /opt/application/etc/app.conf
-  Update fstabs accordingly

Would that do the trick for you?

Rgds,

John