[Ocfs2-users] second ocfs2 volume

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Wed Oct 21 10:34:14 PDT 2009

I've been using a 300GB ocfs2 for quite some time shared between three
sles10sp2 servers running xen. I'm now running out of space on the ocfs2
volume.

It appears as though you can grow the partition, but I'm not exactly
sure. Is growing an existing volume the "right" way to go? Are there any
specific instructions available besides what is in the FAQ. The space is
currently provided by a SAN, so I believe the "drive" can have space
added.

The other option is adding a second 300GB ocfs2 volume. I thought this
would be pretty straight forward, but I'm not finding that to be the
case.

Can you have multiple ocfs2 volumes?

All the instructions I find is for setting up your first one. Anyone
know of instructions for adding a second one?

Any assistance is appreciated.

James